2015 USTA League Pacific Northwest Revised Schedules Published
The revised 2015 USTA League Pacific Northwest schedules are now published.
Please click on your area listed below to view the schedule for the 2015 USTA League Season.
(All schedules below revised on 7/21/14 with new date for 2015 USTA/PNW Mixed 18 & Over Sectional Championship)
If you have questions, regarding the new Combo or Tri-Level leagues, click on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) links below. Please note that Combo leagues will be offered as pilot programs only in Eastern Washington, Central Washington, Southwest Washington and Alaska for 2015.
Before a player can register for a team, they should keep the following points in mind:
• The player must be a USTA member.
• The player’s USTA membership must be valid through the end of the team’s local league season
• The player must have the appropriate team number for the team they wish to register for. If the player does not have a team number, they must contact their captain for the number.
• The player’s NTRP rating must be less than or equal to the NTRP level specified for the team they are registering for. If the player does not have a rating, then the player must go through the online self-rating process as they register for the team.
• You must declare a NTRP rating when you sign up for a team. If you do not already have a NTRP rating, you will need to complete the online self-rating process.
• You will be asked a series of questions used to determine your rating. The questionnaire must be filled out completely as you will not be able to hit the "back" button. Once the form is completed, the player will be given a rating immediately.
• If the player does not agree with the rating, they can appeal it right away online. To appeal the rating, the player needs to click on the "APPEAL" button at the bottom of the page. The next screen will prompt the player to fill out the appeal form and state why they do not agree with the computer generated rating.
• If the player does submit an appeal, the computer registration system will not allow the player to register for the team until the player receives a response to the appeal. In this case, no fee will be charged since the player is not registered.
• After the player has received a response, they will need to go to the USTA web site at http://national.usta.com to begin the registration process again.
Click here to view and print a detailed chart that will help you as you determine your appropriate NTRP level. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact your local USTA Pacific Northwest League Tennis Coordinator.
There's a USTA League for You - Join the Team!
You love tennis. However, you don't always enjoy the solitude that surrounds the game. You like being around other people and thrive in playing in a team atmosphere. Don't think this is possible in tennis? Think again.
USTA League is the country's largest recreational tennis league, providing organized, structured team matches for men and women of all ability levels. Levels are based on the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) and range from beginner (2.5) to advanced (5.0). Let us help you determine your appropriate NTRP level.
All teams are set up according to player's NTRP rating. Therefore, players are assured of facing off against someone of comparable ability. This allows for a highly competitive and fun tennis environment.
USTA League features local, area and sectional championships culminating in a national championship. The following is a list of requirements for participants.
Please be aware the below information reflects the age division restructure that began in the 2013 USTA League season.
USTA League - 18 & Over
For men and women 18 years of age and older. Must be a USTA member and have a current computer or self-rating. NTRP levels include 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0+. Team match format consists of two singles matches and three doubles matches, except 2.5 and 5.0 division, which plays one singles match and two doubles matches.
USTA League - 40 & Over
For men and women 40 years of age and older. Must be a USTA member and have a current computer or self-rating. NTRP levels include 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5+. Team match format consists of two singles matches and three doubles matches.
USTA League - 55 & Over
For men and women 55 years of age and older. Must be a USTA member and have a current computer or self-rating. The team format is three doubles positions and the levels of play are 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0. Partners combined ratings may not exceed the level in which they are playing. Team match format consists of three doubles matches.
USTA League - 65 & Over
The 65 & Over league offers both a women's and men's league for players who are 65 years of age and older. Players must have a current USTA membership as well as current computer or self-rating. The team format is three doubles positions in the 6.0 and 7.0 levels of play. In 2013, the team format is two doubles positions in the 8.0 and 9.0 levels of play. Partners combined ratings may not exceed the level in which they are playing. Teams winning their local leagues are eligible to play at the Sectional Championship. Please note that USTA National does not provide a national championship for this league.
USTA League - Mixed Doubles 18 & Over
For men and women 18 years of age and older. Must be a USTA member and have a current computer or self-rating. Teams are developed with a combined rating of 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0 and Open. Total NTRP rating cannot exceed level of team (i.e., 7.0 team could be a combination of two 3.5 players, one 4.0 partner and one 3.0 partner or one player a 3.0 and partner a 3.5). Format consists of three doubles matches.
USTA League - Mixed Doubles 40 & Over
This mixed doubles league is for players who are 40 and over and must be current members of the USTA as well as have a current computer or self-rating. The levels of play are 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, and 9.0 and partners combined ratings may not exceed the level in which they are playing. The local league champions are invited to play at the USTAPNW Mixed Doubles Sectionals. There a USTA national invitational event for section champions.
USTA League - Mixed Doubles 55 & Over
This mixed doubles league is for players who are 55 and over and must be current members of the USTA as well as have a current computer or self-rating. The levels of play are 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0 and partners combined ratings may not exceed the level in which they are playing. The local league champions are invited to play at the USTA/PNW Mixed Doubles Sectionals. There is no national event at this time.
USTA/PNW One Doubles League
The USTA/PNW One Doubles League
is a doubles-only league that is played outdoors in the spring/summer and is for men and women in the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 divisions. Teams schedule their own matches at a time and place that is convenient for all. The section championship event for the One Doubles League is held in September. The section champions in each division have the opportunity to compete at a national invitational at the annual BNP Paribas Open Tri-Level Championships held the following spring.
USTA/PNW Singles Flex League in Northern Oregon and Northwest Washington
Currently available in Northern Oregon and Northwest Washington only, USTA Flex Leagues offer great tennis on your terms and combines the beauty of USTA League tennis with the flexibility of playing when you want, where you want. The only requirement is that you finish all of your matches. This league is for singles players only at the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 levels. The season typically runs June through early September and there are currently no section or championship events for this division. For more information or to register, go to www.ustaflex.com